How Can We Improve Any.Do?

Tasks: Add start/ due date (w/ wo reminder)

Please let us add due dates without times! I just wanna clean my room on Sunday - I don't care at what time!

755 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Alex A shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

65 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need a setting to set a task duration e.g. for holidays, projects...

• xvestoria commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need some feature like reminder which capable to remind before the schedule come, like a couple day before or week

Thankyou

• Yura commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now there is only time of a reminder on a task. Please add separate time in which the event has to take place. for example "to receive a parcel at 19:00, to remind at 16:30

• Pim Damen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been using Any.do to manage my tasks and break it down into subtasks. One of the things i needed to manage while managing my ADHD in Cognitive behavioral therapy.
    So far Any.do has been a great help but one feature would benifit people like me and neorotypical people.
    Set a task buzzer so every X amount of minutes a small buzz goes off and helps you check if you are still on the task you have set for yourself.
    It would also be great to set a deadline for a task, but set reminders and dates/time for subtasks inbetween.
    Example:
    Main task = Finish 3d model robot finish 5 days from now.
    subtask todat 10:00 finish limbs
    subtask tomorrow 10:00 finish body and head
    Subtask day after that 10:00 texturing
    etc etc.

I love the subtasks but it would be great to set subtasks as well.

And ofcourse be able to sync back to your work/private calendar instead of only beeing visible within any.do.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The calendar shows the time start and end time of events but not tasks. If present, it would help to see my whole day time-locked for specific tasks and most importantly will know where my free/unblocked times are.

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At the moment the remind date and the due date are basicaly the same. It would be great to have the possibility to create one or multiple reminders, that are indipendent to the due date.

• Leslie R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having the same issue. I dont even need a specific date..just want a separate place for tasks to hopefully complete within a few days.

Best list app out there except for this feature. I'll subscribe when you implement this but until then it's annoying to be told I need milk every single hour of every single day until I go to the store.

• Mike B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the reason I cancelled my subscription. You need to improve the time and date management features. I believe this is likely the best app of it's kind but this one thing is a deal breaker. FIX IT!!!

• Hieu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow the user to set how much time they need to work on that list.

FULLY AGREE with Trevor Capello (6 comments below) re recurring tasks having a start and end dates to show. I also use these a lot and I don't need them to show up until the day of event. At present they NEVER go away... Annoying enough that I will keep my ears and eyes open for an alternative in case this doesn't get fixed.. please do fix tho!

I'm really glad I saw this thread. I was on the verge of buying annual premium and this is a total deal breaker for me.

The inability to add a task without specific time was a deal breaker. Too bad, nice UI. Hello Todoist.

Some tasks are not as important as others and do mot need a specific due date and time. Oryou may not have a time in mind yet, but you still want that task to appear in your calendar everyday. It would be helpful if there was an option in the reminder tab to keep the task as timeless so that the task would forward to the next day but not have a specific time due each day.

• Jeffvc61 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to choose a due date with no time or reminder attached when entering a task has been requested in various forms over the years with a lot of comments and votes. The devs just aren't interested in making this change, and have said so in this forum.

General: All

Feedback and Knowledge Base