How Can We Improve Any.Do?

Tasks: Add start/ due date (w/ wo reminder)

Please let us add due dates without times! I just wanna clean my room on Sunday - I don't care at what time!

796 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Alex A shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

70 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Феликс commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a function in which you can select the time interval that is needed for this task and subtasks.

• Matthias Buesing commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Man, you're so right! I'm a long term user of Todoist and I'm just checking out any.do. I can't believe that there is no dedicated due date field in it?! :-(

• Darrick Beckman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, needs a due date and reminder; they are not the same for a lot of things. The due date would be nice so you can look ahead on your calendar

• Jessica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would find it helpful if I could set my calendar to only place a colored dot on my calendar based on Event Start Time as opposed to Event Duration.

Example:
    I work a shift from Sunday 1030 - Sunday 1900; I only see one dot on the Sunday of the event.

I work a shift from Sunday 2100 - Monday 0530; I see a dot on both Sunday and Monday. In this situation I would prefer to only see a dot on Sunday indicating the shift start so I can quickly see what days of the week I do NOT work.

• Torsten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely needed feature. Please implement. Due date/time and reminder date/time are not the same for lots of tasks in my life.

• Alessandro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sometimes I need to remember an event / activity before the time when it actually happens. At the same time I also want to see the actual date of the activity. Therefore you should separate the reminder from the effective date: they are totally different. Thank you

• Abel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If your day ends at 11pm have the tasks you set to do today fade into red to show urgency

• Arthur Beckel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to assign my tasks to a specific day but not have to pick a time. Similar to how to dos work on BusyCal.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love this app!!!!

What would be nice is to mark tasks complete from the task list, without having to change reminder time, to get notification and only then being able to snooxe/fismiss/mark complete.

• Gordon W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On a 7 day trail of premium subscription and sadly this looks like a deal breaker for me as well.

This feature is a no brainer. Looks like you know what your users want, what a great thing. Now it’s just a matter of you guys stepping up and doing it and doing it before you lose to many of them.

to add a filed for the task due date. the date of the task now is almost like the reminder. you need to split between the due date and the reminders. and also to show how much time is available until due date.

• Am commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Think of it this way:
    You have been assigned to write an essay, you can add a task for it, but if there was an option that you could enter the dead line date (and it would appeared in your calander as an event) you could always plan for doing it on time. And if the application could show an error when you were trying to put it off for a time after the due time it could very useful.

• Am commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There could be an optional due date when you are creating a new task so that it is shown in the calendar as an event

• Quentin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That would be so important. I can't believe that it's still not possible to put deadlines and mark them in the calender. There should be an option for exactly that and different reminders.

• Candyce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is of the utmost importance to me, as well. This subscription would be perfect if I had the option to set a date but not a specific time.

• Cheryl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is it possible you created a Task Manager app without ability to assign due dates?? Wish I would have known this before spending a good part of my day setting up assuming this capability was a given.

← Previous 1 3 4

General: All

Feedback and Knowledge Base