How Can We Improve Any.Do?

Views: Date view by time

Tasks based on the "reminder" is arranged in every category. means each " reminder" or "time" is closer to be in the front row automatically.

2,983 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dia shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under Review  ·  AdminAny.do Team (Any.do'er, Any.DO) responded  · 

Hey Any.doers,

This type of modification to the Date View will affect the entire logic of the app’s functionality – concerning the reordering of tasks and their automatic assignment to their due dates. Accordingly, we will not be able to execute such a request for the time being.

However, what we can do (and will do, based on your feedback here) is add a time stamp of the Reminder’s time to both the Calendar and the Task Views – see images attached to the main idea.

Will this be a good replacement?

262 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Merv Budd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

is ti possible to print your task list with the time stamp? I would find this helpful.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now I remember why I uninstalled this app, the first time.

Why would you want your upcoming tasks sorted in random order? The main function of tasks is to show your list in the order that they are due. Sorting it any other way is just plain stupid.

Deleting now, again.

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh yeah, and the font size? Really? Does no one in your company wear glasses?

• EH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's frustrating that tasks set with locations reminders, at least in my experience, show their last set due date/time (usual the default time for the next morning)

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If it breaks the current logic, can't you give us a switch to change between manual sort and reminder time sort, or something? For me, handling sorting manually is very time consuming :(

While you are at it, would you please also increase the font of the timestamp in the date view? The current small font strains the eye. Tnx.

• Steve Conn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really need to take date/time due into consideration when displaying the order of tasks in all or most views. Maybe some people would want a button to turn this feature on or off, but a lot of us want a date/time based display feature. You have multiple feedback threads all saying similar things.

Why tasks occurring today and tomorrow be sorted by date and time? It make no sense that this isn't possible.

• Jo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES, MAKE IT A PRIORITY.
        I will probably not keep premium account if this doesn't get done by end of year.

This is the only reason I still use your sister app Cal. That app does display the time for each task.

• Unhappy Anydo'er commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I decided not to renew my subs after about 4 years for this and some other design & features related matters. Started using T**kT**k and it addresses many of the frustrations i had with Any.do - my main concern with Any.do is that they ignore suggestions from there users.

Love AnyDo but uninstalling it today. Main reason being the fact that I cannot sort my tasks by due date/time in the upcoming section. I have a very large list of tasks and changes are made quite frequently. Also, the task descriptions are often the same so the only way to differentiate between them are to check when they are due.

In the way they are sorted now it's near impossible to find the right task to edit unless I go through each task one by one and check the time and date on each. This is extremely unproductive and takes way more time than its worth. I can do this on paper in a quarter of the time.

I cannot believe that this most basic of functions are still lacking in such a popular app.

PLEASE ADD THIS RIGHT AWAY.. STOP ALL OTHER UPDATES YOUR WORKING ON AND RELEASE THIS ONE FIRST.

TOP PRIORITY!

By default, the most recent tasks added to Today, Tomorrow, and Someday all appear at the top of the list. This shouldn't apply to Upcoming, because they do have dates and thus an order of precedence should be followed i.e. ascending.

As for the potential problem with the ability to arrange tasks, either a.) respect the custom arrangement, b.) disable the function for the pertinent list only, or c.) only allow same-day tasks to be moved around each other and snap invalid entries back.

The tasks created should be allowed to be sorted in ascending or descending order of their reminders or occurence of the task.

• Eduard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I suggest you add the due date for each task, and sort according to the due date, in ascending order (i.e. closer tasks first).

I understand the main focus is in planning today's and tomorrow's tasks. However, maintaining and managing tasks in the Upcoming bucket is also important, and currently it is considerably hard, given all tasks past tomorrow are placed in the same bucket at the same level.

This means that it is hard to differentiate between upcoming tasks (e.g. next week) from long dated tasks (e.g. next month or later). This are different types of tasks that should be treated differently. For example, if I wanted to promote a few tasks to today or tomorrow (e.g. because I have extra capacity), my first option would be to choose from the imminent tasks, and ignore the longer dated tasks.

Also, by "throwing" all tasks into the same bucket, sometimes it makes you doubt whether I can really rely on Any.do to remind me of that important task I created for a couple of weeks time (did I forget to create it? Did I close it by mistake? Was there a synchronisation error?). If there was some sort of order in the upcoming bucket, I could very quickly and easily check that the task is indeed there, hence improving the user confidence on Any.do.

I believe that by adding the due date in the task list for upcoming tasks, and sorting by date, it will help manage and maintain the upcoming tasks better.

This is very fraustrating, they are not sorted by name nor by reminder time...
        How is it being sorted?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14

General: All

Feedback and Knowledge Base