How Can We Improve Any.Do?

UI: Allow to choose whether tasks are added to top or bottom

Add the option in settings>preferences to toggle between adding newly added tasks to the top or the bottom of the list.

I typically add tasks for the current day in the order I will do them and the current set up then has my first task at the very bottom, which means I need to scroll the widget every time I want to view the next task.

69 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ZackG shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • 4EyedWonder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Chris - Don't hold your breathe. I commented on this thread 2 years ago, and have made my own post for this exact feature. However, I'm glad to see that this has 51 votes now. I don't remember the exact number when I posted, but I know it wasn't this high. Also, I know there are other requests for this, or simply adding task to the bottom of the list, maybe we should try and combine then all to get the numbers up so the dev will actually look at it.

Still amazes me that this isn't an option yet...

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"I typically add tasks for the current day in the order I will do them and the current set up then has my first task at the very bottom, which means I need to scroll the widget every time I want to view the next task."
        THIS!!!

• Mohammed El-Afifi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every time I add a task it's prepended on top of the task list, not appended at the bottom. I'd like an option to control where new tasks should be added to the list.

• Alan S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, add an option for this! (Android and chrome add-on) It's so counter-intuitive to either need to enter every item in a list in the opposite order to the order you intend to do them, or to have to enter everything then drag each item to the other end of the list.

Or since the app uses gestures a lot anyway, how about, when you've finished writing a task, a single tap on the (+) adds it to the top of the list, and a double-tap adds it to the bottom of the list?

• boardtc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you have a long list dragging something to the top is cumbersome and involves trying to drag while scrolling.

A workaround on the web app is to drag into an unused column to the right (tomorrow, upcoming, someday), going to the top of this you can then drag it where you need to at the top of the home column.

What would work better would be a Send to Top option like on Jira boards.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, only because of that, for this purpose i have to use other app. But i would like to have it all in Any.Do!

All new items are put at the top of the list. Some might like that for all of their lists, some might want to new items added to the top of one list and the bottom of another, and some might want to set a default to the bottom for new items. I prefer the middle option, but I'd like to set my default to the bottom and change it for just a couple.

• Maria commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Be able to add items to the bottom of the list, instead always to the top automatically

• 4EyedWonder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES!!!!! The fact that there is not an option for this is the only thing that I DO NOT like about any.do. I try to do a brain dump every so often to clear my mind of built up tasks, and I don't use any.do for this reason. This would save me from having to use 2 and sometimes 3 separate applications.

• Conrad Caplin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it possible to provide the option (default setting toggle) to add new items on a list to the end of the list instead of at the top of the list? I find that I am spending a lot of time re-arranging things manually because I think sequentially and add something to a list first and then additional items thereafter.

• Jasper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree! Please reverse the order. It's really not intuitive to put new tasks at the top.

You can do it so by adding a new option in preference menu whether the user wants the newly added tasks to go down or top of the list.

I enter my list in chronological order I want to do them. Well I know that some people don't consider this when writing their lists I know a lot of people do. & I suspect that nobody intentionally makes their their lists in reverse chronological order on purpose. Please allow the option so that the first task I enter goes in the first slot and the second goes in the second and so forth. You know, the way that people write lists

• Journey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When i type in tasks, i want the new task to be on the bottom instead of the top. So the top items are past items that I have entered, instead of new items that I just typed in.

General: All

Feedback and Knowledge Base