How Can We Improve Any.Do?

Reminders: Custom snooze option for Android

why just 15 min, 1 hour, 3 hours? Let the user to set it manually.

1,229 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

109 comments

Comments are closed
    • Nick commented  · 

It lacks the option to choose the default time we get the notification when we postpone the event for tomorrow

• Mark commented  · 

If a task pops up to complete, however a future time is requested; I.e. meetings or appointments that are rescheduled; Enable the ability to set the specific date and time, vs only 15 mins, 1 hour or tomorrow.

• Carl Whitehouse commented  · 

Within Preferences, I’d like the ability to automatically set a default reminder time for all new tasks.

1. Each new task created would include a reminder by default
      2. The default reminder time could be set to any time of day as a global preference setting.

This saves several clicks when setting new tasks.

Alternately, I would like to see the date/time setting screen show the reminder (bell) icon so that I can set day/time and reminder all within one screen.

• Radeonto commented  · 

this is most powerful function, which one is missing in Any.do

• Spikel commented  · 

Yes, this seems like a logical step that would be critical. Not having it actually makes me use it less. need access to more options than just dismiss snooze or done. Like rescheduling for next wk, month, or in the future, or needing to see sub tasks or lists to complete. Love the simplicity of the app, but easier access to higher functionality from pop ups would be great. Keep up the awesome work, I'm a huge fan.

• Radeonto commented  · 

Exactly!
      Button SET or CUSTOM TIME will be better.

• Ilya Dikman commented  · 

if I postpone a task for tomorrow it pops up at 10AM
      1.would be good to have an option to set a time for each postponed task (and to configure the default time as well)
      2.if I postpone lets say 10 tasks, it rings like a crazy monkey 10 times. It would be enough to have a 1-2 notification rings -->
      it should be something like if reminder time==X, then ring once

another issue--> would be good to:
      1.have an access to the task from reminder. Since some reminder does"t fit the screen and some task has a sub-tasks which are not visible when reminder pops up.
      2.15 mins, 1 h, 3 h postpone can be nice defaults but it would be good to have it configurable and have teh option to set particular hour/postpone time form the task itself. something that comes up with any.do moment feature
      3.any.do moments very nice but again default hours a weird. 12PM is a lunch hour and it would be good to have it either configurable or set to 1pm

• Anonymous commented  · 

As User I must be able to change default "Remind Me" setting instead of using custom every time. e.g instead of 12:00pm I want to keep it at 2:10 pm and 10:00 pm on daily basis for any reminder based on my free time availability

• Anonymous commented  · 

I want to be able to snooze Tasks like I can in outlook. And I can personally type in the number for hours, minutes and days myself. I can open it and change it to another day entirely. And of course complete/dismiss once a tasks shows up. Both from web and mobile app.

• Rob K commented  · 

I second all of these comments. Would like option to set time for "tomorrow", with default being same time as today.

• Navin commented  · 

Hi.
      If I want to 'snooze' a reminder, it gives me 4 options. Can we have a 'custom' option where the user decides that date and time.
      Thanks

• Dhanwntari commented  · 

Reminder timing option must be customisable maybe for 6 minutes or 7 minute or 12 minutes precisely.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Its a bit annoying in the app when I haven't completed a task with a reminder and it keeps popping up if I haven't completed it as yet.

• Kyle Walter commented  · 

I love the idea of being able to "Set" when to be reminded when snoozing because otherwise I get the notifications poping up at times when I know I won't be able to do anything.

• Yuval commented  · 

Custom Snooze - There MUST be a custom snooze option !!! Currently it is limited to ONLY 4 options (15 Min, 1 Hour, 3 Hour, Tomorrow). It is not clear why ONLY 4 options will answer ALL users snooze options

• piotr commented  · 

When I really want to do something and I make postpone eg 1h again and again when I will give up ae evening, next day I make plan of my day but I cant change time (it is again at evening). I hope it is not so big problem, one option in settings and postpone task on tomorrow clears hour and I have to choose again time next day.

• Anonymous commented  · 

each new task could auto ask for input for the alarm. i want to be notified of when to remember my task. i need to have it alert me

• Brett commented  · 

Instead of the current 4 snooze options (15 MINS., 1 HOUR, 3 HOURS, TOMORROW), why not change the "TOMORROW" button to a "SET" button, allowing you to then set a new Alarm Date/Time for that Task.
      This would overcome having only the 4 fixed snooze times currently available to the user.

• mbeckman03 commented  · 

Allow tasked to default to timer/reminder bell to always be on.

• Alemar Osorio commented  · 

I liked the behaviour of the old-old-old (way back to Any.Do 1.0?) when, if you set a due time to a task, a reminder was created automatically. Right now it doesn't work that way, and I've missed a few important tasks by now because I think that when I set the time for it, the app will remind me and it doesn't if I don't manually enable the reminder.

General: Android

Feedback and Knowledge Base