How Can We Improve Any.Do?

Tracking and Reports: Habit Tracking (streak)

I have to use another app that tells me how many days in a row I have successfully completed daily tasks (healthy habits, etc). You have all the foundation for this, but adding a daily recurring task and tell me how well I am doing in completing that (longest stretch, % of days achieved, etc) then I wouldn’t need anything beyond any.do.

660 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Ben Johnson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

29 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There's an app called goal tracker and habit tracker by intrasoft. It's very well made in terms of what I need, it's just a little ugly lol but that's what this app needs

• Tyler Hy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree! Maybe it could be a feature at the end of the day. I like the “plan my day feature”, but would be nice to have a “reflect on my day” feature.

I was just thinking of this yesterday. I would love to have some sort of statistics for certain events, eg. working out.

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just want to add that if this were added, please make it optional in the interface! One of the main reasons our team uses Any.do is because it DOES NOT have Habit tracking or any of the other all-in-one apps. We've all used many different to do apps that have habit tracking in place and it is just not something we are looking for - we just like that it does a good job of tracking to-dos with other people and across devices.

• Nick Parker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really like apps that tell me how many consecutive instances/days I've repeated a recurring activity eg foreign language practice, workouts, etc.

Lots of apps support this but in most of them the streaks are the central feature and the apps fail at other basic features, or they're use case specific apps like my workout and foreign language.

If Any.DO just had a little "Completed X times in a row" tracker on recurring tasks which goes to zero whenever a task isn't finished the day of its reminder, it'd really help motivate me.

We absolutely need this kind of feature! This feature will allow Any. do to help us have a fast review and provide sufficient information to improve our effectivity

This is a great idea, and it gets my vote. Such a feature would require another very welcome improvement: distinguishing between a successfully completed task and a shamefacedly abandoned task!

• Al commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm settling for Any.do despite its limited recurrence functionality, and lack of habit tracking.

• Dale Record commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Build in a habit tracker into any.do - I think the platform is fantastic, but I often use recurring tasks to help me create a habit, but there isn't a huge satisfaction when you complete it, as it pops up the next day.

If you had a habit list which allowed you to check each time you successfully completed a habit, and gave you a report at the end of a week/month it would be fantastic.

There are other apps that do this, but would love to tie it together with my task list.

daily habit apps should remind with any do and open the related app to doing task
    for example every day i should to do a habit like play a game (Clash Royal) it should remind me and open it at time that i choose and block app at other times

Be able to creat a list that acts as a habit tracker, showing you your history of the repeated task's completion, maybe a "streaks" concept of how many consecutive times your have completed your task..

It'd be great to help build habits such as exercising or practicing an instrument, rather than just deleting the task if you've missed doing it that day. PLEASE!!!

At the end of your working day, it would be great to get a report of what you achieved and what’s missing and has to be rescheduled.

This can help users learn better how to plan their days and keep track on everything they’ve been achieveing.

Plus, being able to see everything you accomplished will make you feel really satisfied :)

As a quick way to see what you tasks are repeatedly snoozed, keep a tracker of how many times a task has been moved or snoozed. Then give the ability to sort by that number so you can quickly see what tasks could really use tweaking or deleting or deciding.

• João Paulo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Create a report on concluded tasks, like how much tasks you ended per week in last 12 months. It would also be good if you have same sort of statistics about categories

• Karla Villa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have always run my life as an ever-improving complex to-do list and really love Any.do and think it can be even more awesome. I actually went on this website to suggest this exact feature! I didn't know another app had it, but it would be a great addition to Any.do. I would use this feature for study, exercise, craft projects, hobbies that I often forget to make time for... many activities and daily goals. It would be great if the feedback from the feature could be customised, in terms of telling you what % you have complied with in (for example) the last week/month/last x10 possible completions. I love you, Any.do!

• Ahmed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

add daily habit or task tracking that rewards the user
    what I'm suggesting is that the user can set a positive and negative points for each task he complete ( depending on the task or habit good or bad ) so if the user complete or do a good task or habit the points are added to the total and if he do a bad habit he will get negative points and his total points decrease. The points are used to get a reward of the listed rewards that the user set ( the name of the reward and how much does it worth "in terms of points " ). Now without this feature I have to use another app that tells me how many points I have in total and you have all the foundation for adding this feature .I'm not yet premium but without any doubt I will go for premium if this feature is going to be added then I wouldn’t need anything beyond any.do.

← Previous 1

General: All

Feedback and Knowledge Base